The Study of Aneuploidy and Robertsonian Translocations in Embryos
Contact the Genetics Laboratory at Institut Marquès
- Prior to starting treatment, to outline the case (via telephone or email)
- When the date of egg collection is confirmed (via telephone or email)
- If the cycle is cancelled(via telephone or email)
+34 93 280 40 28
+34 666 58 21 41
Day+0 – the day of egg collection under ultrasound guidance: Inform the Genetics Laboratory at Insttitut Marquès at email@example.com.
Day+3 – Embryo biopsy: Staff from the Genetics Laboratory at Institut Marquès can come to your centre to complete the embryo biopsy, or the blastomeres can be sent already fixed to the Genetics Laboratory at Institut Marquès.
- Put the glass microscopy slide containing the fixed nuclei within a rigid slide mailer box. Wrap this in plastic bubblewrap paper, and then place it in the protective courrier container.
- Prepare the following documents:- Request form for Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD).- Instructions for blastomere fixation in embryos prior to PGD for aneuploidy screening and chromosomal rearrangements.
- Send via email the name of the courier service used, and the number/code of the package to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send via courier to:
The Genetics Laboratory at Institut Marquès
Passeig Manel Girona, nº33
Discuss the timing of the results with the Genetics Laboratory at Institut Marquès prior to organising embryo transfer.
Once the results are obtained these will be sent by encrypted email.
When completing a 24 chromosome study:
- Ensure the embryo biopsy occurs first thing in the morning (08h00) on day+3.
- Send the sample to the Genetics Laboratory at Institut Marquès so that it arrives that same day (day+3) or early on day+4 (08h30).