Institut Marquès has a large pool of sperm donors covering all blood types and phenotypes. Here below the tests they must undergo:
- Interview and medical history:The aim is to identify potential hereditary diseases (e.g. cystic fibrosis, thalassaemia, hemophilia, polycystic kidney, neurofibromatosis, muscular dystrophy, osteogenesis imperfecta, etc.), congenital malformations or alterations (spina bifida, anencephaly, hydrocephalus, congenital metabolic disorders, cleft lip, heart diseases, congenital blindness, etc.) chromosomal abnormalities (e.g. Down Syndrome, etc.), psychiatric disorders (e.g. schizophrenia, psychosis), metabolic disorders (e.g. diabetes) and a long list of disorders that motivate exclusion from our sperm donor programme.
- Sperm analysis with high quality parameters.
- Blood and urine tests:– Karyotype
– Hepatitis B and C
– HIV 1 and 2
– Chlamydia trachomatis
– Treponema pallidum
– Cystic fibrosis (50 mutations)
- FISH on sperm
- Medical and physical examination (andrology consultation).